Monday, October 25, 2010

Interview: Shamrock of the PeaceKeepers


Recently Channel 11's Dexter Matthews had the pleasure of sitting down with Shamrock of the Peacekeepers at a recent Mayoral fundraiser. He answered some questions about how he became a member of the PKers, their relationship with the JLA and his unique method of balancing hero and "real" life. We've included subtitles below. In some instances his accent is pretty thick.



How was it you came to be a member of the Peacekeepers?
After t'ey begged an pleaded until I 'ad enough I agreed to join. Kiddin'. I joined after Overdrive and I 'ad worked togethah a few times and told me he thought it was a good idea. Best decision I ever made.

2. What's the location of the Peacekeepers new base of operations in Metropolis? or is it a closely guarded secret?
They don't let me tell you t'ese t'ings, especially after I brought some of me "friends" one time.

3. Your Peacekeeper Bio claims you have Luck Powers, care to expound on that?
I can manipulate probability. Me powers work in differen' you see. I have a natural aura t'at brings me good fortune. I can concentrate and can see what actions I can take to cause what I like to call "dominoes." Fir example, I cut someone off in traffic so they are two seconds behind so they miss the light so their son has to wait a few extra minutes and they talk to the girl nearby who then... Around here it requires more focus ya see. If I focus me energies hard enuff I can manipulate the environment much more directly, which I am workin' on.

4. Would you ever take the life of one of your enemies?
I don' like t'inking bout t'is but I believe I could only if the situation absolutely called for it with innocent lives at stake and no ot'er possible solution.

5. Did you ever have a career as a solo hero?
Aye! Started in Cork Ireland then made name fir meself between Central City and Metropolis. I still jump aroun' on me own sometimes.

6. Its been said that superheroes are the "new celebrity elite" and while much of the public is enamored with your larger-than-life personas, some view you as Gods or Angels, whats your response to that line of thinking?
I love me the spotlight, keep the fan mail comin' say I, but in terms of livin' gods and angels... I prefer to look at meself and me fellows as good hearted PEOPLE. Alt'ough some like Ray, Cyphon, T.A. and Big Blue make it easy tah see where people get the idea.

8. The public is enamored with superheroes, How was it you gained your super-abilities? were you born with them, are you a mutant? or were you bitten by a radioactive spider or something?
epers?
Tah bring peace, justice and improve the lives of people. The world could use some more good frankly.

10. Are you Shamrock all the time, or do you lead the life of a civilian as well?
Aye, I have a not so private life but a secret identity if ya will. I will tell ya tah save your time lookin' fir me amongst the rich and famous. Behind this mask is a modest livin' Mick alt'ough a 'andsome one.

11. How does a person manage balancing a "real life" with that of a superhero?
Wit' booze. Lots and lots of it. Whisky and Beer can really get ya t'rough a day.

12. What motivated Shamrock to lead the life of a super-powered hero?
I got t'ese gifts doin' good, I figured t'ats what they were meant tah do. Simple as t'at.

13. How can members of the public contact the Peacekeepers with leads on criminal activity?
I'm not the bes' person tah ask but if I were ya I'd call tah police and have em call us.

14. You've obviously come to metropolis to put away some of the superpowered criminals here. Are there any criminal organizations the public needs to be on the lookout for?
Tah Warbringers got sum of tah worst of tah worst. Stay clear of 'em. *Mumble mumble cold 'earted bitch mumble*

15. Many critics have said that masked superheroes shouldn't have police powers, whats your response?
Yer right. Critics go fight Jolly Roger while I watch Seinfeld... Oh and when t'ey track yer family down because yer identity is public I'll watch sum Archer.
*pause*
Have ya seen Archer? Great show t'at is.

16. Reports have shown that a new generation of individuals with super abilities have appeared in larger numbers than ever before, how does this make you feel as a Veteran superhero? Does it concern you that many of these "newere-breed" may be undisciplined?
Sum of these lads and lassies are great out of the gate and I'm still a lil fresh meself. Not me place to judge 'em.

17. What's your opinion on the numerous unsanctioned superpowered vigilantes? particularly those who take the law into their hands with lethal force?
If t'ere unlawfully killin' t'ere no better t'an any ot'er scum we take care of.

18. Who's you're biggest nemesis, and why?
Jolly Roger. He's the wors' because he could be me bes' lad in anot'er life. It kills me tah bring 'em in because we have so much fondness fer eachot'er. Meanwhile Void seems to have a vendetta against me, and he's clearly the toughest fer me tah fight, alone or wit' the 'keepers.

19. With years as a superhero, what are some of your biggest regrets?
*Pauses and turns away for a moment. A slight shift in posture before a deep breath releases*
I didn' understand me powers at firs'. I set off a chain of incidences that ended up hurting someone very very close tah me. It's cause of t'is I have to be careful when I shift the odds and balances in tah world.

21. Many superheroes started out as smaller, lesser known heroes and then evolved to their better-known elite selves, does this apply to you or were you always Shamrock?
I 'ad a few practice runs but once I got a name fer meself I got popular real fast. I mean why wouldn' I?

23. Known supervillians like Braniac and Lex Luthor have known strongholds in Metropolis, is it your duty as a Peacekeeper to address threats like these?
Absolutely in me opinion. While we're busy takin' care of trouble I'm always arguing t'at we need to take the trouble down at the source of it.

24. What's your relationship with the JLA?
Non-existent personally. I'm sure Overdrive and Ray might've seen 'em a few times.

25. Is Gotham's Arkham Asylum a place for the criminally insane or is that just a fancy name for a prison?
Definitely not just a name. Some serious troublemakers in t'ere. Not tah be joked about even if it has a clown in t'ere.

26. How does someone apply for membership in the Peacekeepers, and do you have positions for civilians in your organization?
There's an application online fir newcomers but we aren't looking righ' now.

5 comments:

  1. This was a entertaining interview. Irish accents are funny. Nice character though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the answers for number 8 and 12 got switched around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sham is my favorite PKer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cant wait to smoke these do-gooders online. 5 bucks says they run to PVE servers at launch.

    ReplyDelete