Friday, November 19, 2010

User Interview: Sapphire Fox of the Wild Knights


Not so long ago we sat down with the real brains behind the character Sapphire Fox for a look at DCUO. Find out what three elements are paramount in DCUO, why comics play such a big role to DCUO fans and why Sapphire Fox is gonna take down Poison Ivy.
 Describe your character Sapphire Fox.

Sapphire Fox is a very loyal, serious, and strong willed person. She comes from a wealthy family and works for her father over seeing some of his businesses. She was kidnapped and held for ransom when she was in college. She was then left for dead by her captors which lead to her being healed by a shaman with a pink sapphire. This sapphire gave her her new found abilitys. She now uses her abilities to make sure no one will be a victim of a brutal crime like she was. 

What made you choose her to represent you in DCUO?

I choose her to represent me in DCUO because she is a very strong character. That I believe has an iconic feel and who doesn’t like a hot redhead? 

What's your previous Superhero MMO experience?

I don’t have a whole lot of MMO experience but I have played both CoH and Champions Online for a sort period of time.

Were you influenced at all by comics?

Oh ya, I love comics and superheroes have influenced my life since I was a little kid. In some ways I guess I still am a little kid at heart.

Is DCUO the realization of a long-time dream for many hardcore comic fans?

Most definitely. I think a lot of hardcore fans and even not so hardcore fans have been waiting for this for a long time. Who doesn’t like DC and wouldn't want to be part of that world?

What made you pick "The Good Guys"?

Well, I am a person with very strong moral values and always have been attracted to the “boy scout” type characters, but it is fun to be a little bad sometimes don’t get me wrong.

Are you a PC or PS3 player? What are some of the differences between each?

I think I might be playing on both. I think I really love the control that comes from playing on a PS3, but this is one of the first MMOs to come to a platform like the PS3 so I am guessing that player interaction and RPing will be much better on the PC since it is the traditional MMO platform.

Do the Wild Knights have a website? What's the address?

The Wild Knights have a Guild Launch web site and a wiki. If you want to check us out you can go here http://wildknights.guildlaunch.com/

Why select a Hero versus a Vigilante or Villain?

As I have said before I have always been a fan of boy scout type heroes because of my own personal views but I will role a few alts that are vigilantes and villains.

How were you introduced to DCUO?

I was introduced to DCUO by my brother.

Let's say DCUO introduced Guild Wars/Matches (where teams of "supers" could organize and battle each other) in the coming months? would it be a Good or Bad thing?

I think that a good guild war could be really fun as long as no one takes it to personal or serious.

If you could take down one DCUO NPC Villain, who would it be?

If I could take down one DCUO NPC Villain as Sapphire Fox it would have to be Poison Ivy. What do you think of a Battle of the Gingers?

Which player-controlled evildoer would you put behind bars?

All of them, but if I have to pick one maybe Red Hammer. She is insane in the membrane.

What are the three things DCUO can implement to keep you as a long-time player?

That is a good question. I would have to say new story lines, Updated character customization, and great in-game events.

In the same vein, what three things can guarantee you won't be around long?

I would have to say bad graphics, poor character customization options, and increased fees for in game options.

If you could have one dream game feature, what would it be?

I would really like a whip for Sapphire Fox. I have not yet seen any options in character creator for this. I am big into character customization and I would like unlimited options, but I know that is only a dream.

What other game elements are a MUST in DCUO?

It is hard to say since I still have not played even the Beta yet. So I do not know yet what the game might be lacking.

What unconfirmed new DCUO content would you like to see?

Well, I have already said I would love a whip but it would also be awesome it they could throw in a fox shape shifting form.

If there was one change you could make to DCUO in its current form, what would it be?

I would have to say I would love to see all the power sets they have talked about at launch and even more.

In your opinion, what is DCUO's greatest strength?

In my opinion DCUO's greatest strength is its DC character licenses and fan base because these things will make it a very popular game for all kinds of DC fans. Also that they have come over to the PS3 including all kinds of gamers.

What weakness hurts DCUO the most?

I think that having limited options to start with is a weakness that they have right now, but will be fixed with expansions throughout the game's life.

What are you on the lookout for in the Beta? How important is BETA Feedback?

I can't wait to get into Beta just to see the wide world of DC. I think that Beta feedback is very important to help work out all the things that need to be thoroughly tested so it can meet its full potential by launch.

We recently suggested how much Spatial Chat adds to online gaming ( http://tinyurl.com/27qpep6 ) what's your opinion?

My opinion is that Spatial Chat is a great thing that helps players RP and talk a little trash, but I can also see how the Developers could see this as a distraction from the awesome environment that they have worked so hard to create.

With anti-heroes of questionable background and moral character like the Dark Enforcers around, is the Vigilante Class a must-have in DCUO?

Definitely. Vigilantes give a good variety to heroes. It lets you experience both sides of the spectrum.

Is a Danger Room/Training environment where we can match-up and practice against other heroes (or AI) a necessity?

I don't know about a necessity, but it sure would be cool. I love the idea of a Danger Room and The Wild Knights would definitely have one in their HQ The Den.

If you could choose an Arch-Rival in DCUO, who would it be?

If you mean NPC I would say Catwoman, but if you don't mean NPC I’m not sure yet.

There's no sniping (long range combat) in DCUO, whats your take on this?

I can see why sniping is not in game because it may give a unfair advantage to those who have this ability, but sometimes life isn't really fair is it? I think you should be able to create the character you envision to its fullest.

should there be penalties for dying in DCUO? what kind?

I think I like the way they have set up K.O.s in the game. It makes it more balanced for non-experienced players.

What villain team would you look forward to matching up with in a well-done Guild Wars system?

I guess I would say the Chaotic Evil, just because they are one of the only well-known villain groups.

What new things would you like to see in Character Customization?

I would like to see more options for Power Source in Character Customization.

What Villain group is the biggest threat in DCUO?

I’m not sure yet. I haven’t seen any big threats so far.

Should DCUO have a Sidekick feature where new players can use NPCs or more experienced players as Mentors?

It could be fun to have sidekick mode for new players to learn the ropes. I think it could be helpful to new players that might need some help.

1 comment: