Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bio: Eliphaz


Name : Eliphaz
Powers: Fire
Weapons: Hand blasters
Affiliation: good
Movement: Flight
Mentor : Wonder Woman

I Alphonse Constant Louis had prepared myself for this moment from time immemorable, the sigils were drawn and incantations spoken, my entire life had been but the begining of this ritual, and now on this rainy morning in May 1875, the final ceremony was to begin, my most adept student had brought the eternal flame into the chamber we had prepared,walking slowly, ever softly so as to not disturb the spirits that had gathered about the room to witness this most secret of secrets.

I arose from my deathbed, fostering the remaining stregnth my old bones had left in them, my chamber maid quickly began dressing me in the garb she had prepared, waiting for this moment to come, how often she had looked in awe upon it,against my commands, but who could truelly blame the woman, a robe with such intricit design, its gold embroidery shimmering against the utter blackness of the silk, such a robe existed nowhere else in the world, not since the time of Hermes.

As she departed the room, a habit ingrained in her since youth, i took out of its hiding place my most holy and powerful talisman, gently placing it over my neck and under the folds of my robe, my body ached of death, my time was near. Adoni Elohim Al Shaddai, i spoke the names of the heirarchy that had accompanied me throughout life.

Behind the veil of all the hieratic and mystical allegories of ancient doctrines, behind the darkness and strange ordeals of all initiations, under the seal of all sacred writings, in the ruins of Nineveh or Thebes, on the crumbling stones of old temples and on the blackened visage of the Assyrian or Egyptian sphinx, in the monstrous or marvelous paintings which interpret to the faithful of India the inspired pages of the Vedas, in the cryptic emblems of our old books on alchemy, hints of this secret cermony can be found, the words and motions performed in this most Holy of Holies, need not be mentioned again, and I Eliphaz Levi left my body that day, bound for the limitless ether, for what i thought would be eternity.

My time spent within the void was immeasurable by human standards, for the divine travels not with a speed easily understood by the physics of this world. And so it was that the Name which must not be spoken had sent His voice unto me , and through The Metatron's looming being i understood His message, as though it was allways known within me, "They are without fears and without desires, dominated by no falsehood, sharing no error, loving without illusion, suffering without impatience, reposing in the quietude of eternal thought..... a Magus cannot be ignorant, for magic implies superiority, mastership, majority, and majority signifies emancipation by knowledge. The Magus welcomes pleasure, accepts wealth, deserves honour, but is never the slave of one of them; he knows how to be poor, to abstain, and to suffer; he endures oblivion willingly because he is lord of his own happiness, and expects or fears nothing from the caprice of fortune. He can love without being beloved; he can create imperishable treasures, and exalt himself above the level of honours or the prizes of the lottery. He possesses that which he seeks, namely, profound peace. He regrets nothing which must end, but remembers with satisfaction that he has met with good in all. His hope is a certitude, for he knows that good is eternal and evil transitory. He enjoys solitude, but does not fly the society of man; he is a child with children, joyous with the young, staid with the old, patient with the foolish, happy with the wise. He smiles with all who smile, and mourns with all who weep; applauding strength, he is yet indulgent to weakness; offending no one, he has himself no need to pardon, for he never thinks himself offended; he pities those who misconceive him, and seeks an opportunity to serve them; by the force of kindness only does he avenge himself on the ungrateful.

And thus was i thrust again into the plane of those born from the womb of woman and seed of man, my powers where needed yet again, though in this life i would be a true servant of the sacred flame alone, its powers coursing through my being, I looked on the wicked as invalids whom one must pity and cure; the world, with its errors and vices, is to me God's hospital, and I have found my place to serve in it.
from this charge came my meeting with Arcanious, as i battled along side him against the forces of evil, our bond grew, and from the stregnth of this bond an orginazation grew, a society the like of which had never been seen, dedicated to the ideals imprinted on my soul, a team of dreamers here to bring the Dream to all the masses, and so we were called Dream Team.

2 comments:

  1. OOC: After reading this...
    I am telling myself... "No, don't make a Crowley Villian... or a Wyatt side kick."

    Or an Edward Kelly Deamon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol way back when i took the monifer Eliphaz Levi as my own, crowley was one of my insperations, his " Love is the Law, Love after will" was a huge inspiration for me" but he was just a little to mainstream for me, if i wasnt so attached i wouldve rolled Zoraster this time , being fire power and all.. i hope you enjoyed it.- Eliphaz

    ReplyDelete