Thursday, April 7, 2011

Source: Vanguardians in Turmoil


While the area outside the Hostage Crisis is a virtual Who's Who of established, popular and veteran hero groups, one group is conspicuous by its absence. The Vanguardians.

We ran an article last week regarding the league's almost complete absence recently only to have a source WITHIN the hero group contact us. The source agreed to speak under the condition of anonymity and provided a startling view of the state of one of the city's most prominent hero groups.



" We're suffering from weak leadership. Breakneck has quit the league, Supreme Will is practically MIA. I myself am on the verge of quitting. I became a superhero to fight crime and it seems like the rest of the Vanguardians just like telling people they're a superhero and occasionally run around wearing tights."


The Source also commented on the group's refusal to react to villainy:
"When Brainiac took over the Batcave where was my team? Nowhere to be found. I had to patch together a rag tag band to take on the greatest threat our planet has known in quite awhile. I don't know if leadership has fallen in line with Brainiac or just don't care that the world is going to hell.."


 Finally, the source spoke on the decision that was made for no one to officially respond to our article:
"I couldn't stand by and allow the "Where are the Vanguardians?" article to go unanswered. Black Bird declined to respond despite quite a few lower ranking VGs wanting to. I fear our leadership may have sold us out and are intentionally sitting on the sidelines of this fight. This league used to stand for something. Now it refuses to get up." 

Is this what has become of the premier superhero team? The group's PR arm hasn't responded to our interview requests as of press time. But as always, we'll continue to provide more information as it becomes available.

4 comments:

  1. To whoever the "Source" is: That's a shame that your team has basically given up on you and the fight against criminal punks and left you to fend on your own. If you're looking for a new team to work with then give me a shout. We could always use someone that with as much conviction as yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these hero teams seem to be disbanding at a pretty high rate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sad to see the Vanguardians going through a phase like this. To all the Vanguardians, if you ever need someone to help you out fight crime as well as any global crisis' please contact me. You know how to reach me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know who this former member of the Vanguardians maybe, but truth be told we have gone through a spell here and there. However it is NOT leadership... Our leaders are some of the best leaders you'd ever meet, that includes the Colonels in the VG as well. However, things happen outside of the cape that many people turn a blind eye to, and when it does those people must turn to what matters most, their personal lives. They know that they are countless heroes there to fill in the gap in their absence. I for one have NEVER truly been MIA. When I'm not in the cape I constantly check my mission computers and HQ to make sure the team is okay. Although the time I spend in the cape has dwindled as of late it is not because I don't love what I do. I don't know who the sell out was to give such bogus information about his family but I'm sorry they feel that way. A true Vanguardians wouldn't have sold out his own for a quick moment in the sun or in the dark since they chose to hide in the shadows. To anyone else thinking the Vanguardians are dead I say YOU ARE WRONG! I will not respond to or about any other members and their where about because that is a deeply internal/personal matter and the public's reach should never exceed that far. Thank you and good by.

    Supreme Will, out! *Flys a way into the sunlight*

    ReplyDelete