Wednesday, August 31, 2011

DP Blog Interview: Deacon, Founding Member of The Coalition


After numerous attempts to get in touch with one of the founding members of The Coalition, Deacon finally breaks his silence and answers the questions that have been on everyone's minds. From the death of his longtime friend, Phipher, to the division of his teams over ideological differences. Nothing was off limits.

The Super Reporter - Let's get to the meat of the current state of The Coalition if you don't mind. Start off by telling us how has Phipher's death affected your team?

Deacon - It's been hard, especially for myself. It's not like I just met the guy in the streets and we decided to partner up. Phipher and I were friends before I even knew how to stop a purse snatcher. Everyone else is pretty devastated by his death but this is especially personal to me.

SR - Do you have any leads to who may have been responsible? 

Deac - Not at this moment. The killer took extra care in making it seem like this was anything but a murder. 
The GCPD have written it off as if Phipher had just gotten in over his head and messed with the wrong group of thugs. I'm not stupid enough to believe that.

SR - Recently there was a split where some Coalition members chose to form their own team, any comment?

Deac - I guess everyone is wondering what happened exactly. My former colleagues were not happy with how things were being ran on our team. As Flameman put it, he thought I was trying to rule with an iron fist and that it was either my way or the highway. That couldn't be anything closer to the truth. The only thing that I've been strict on is what type of heroes we let onto our team, how we should conduct ourselves when on patrol and who we take on missions, that's it. Everything was basically up for a majority vote. Flame wouldn't know this because he was hardly every there. He was basically a weekend warrior while the rest of us fought crime whenever we could, even at the expense of our personal lives.

SR - Is the situation unresolvable?

Deac - No. We don't need people on our team who are only out for themselves. We all want to become stronger but not at the expense of everyone else. Along with the attempted cue that took place I don't see this happening. All they had to do was say, "Deacon, we disagree with how you're running things and we think we should take our leave." Instead of just doing that, they tried to get everyone to turn against me by making me look incompetent and then try and wrestle leadership away from me. Nuh uh. Ain't happening.

SR - We have to ask based on some of the rumors floating around. Are the two events related?

Deac - I'm not sure. Even though he would have you believe otherwise, Flameman doesn't shy away from killing in cold blood. He tried to kill ACE 1 (which is a plus in my book) after he had basically already made ACE submit to him. Although, ACE had gone off on the deep end and needed to be subdued. After he was defeated, defenseless, and begging for mercy, Flame stabbed ACE in the head with his sword. Not sure how ACE lived through that but I think you see what I'm saying. I'm not ruling anything out.

SR - Reports are surfacing that someone "with knowledge of the situation" (Phipher's murder) may be under your protection, is there any truth to this?

Deac - I personally haven't heard anything about this but I will be looking into it!

SR - Former Coalition member Flameman was quoted as saying "I've lost my faith in Deacon." what does this mean to you?

Deac - We've had several missions where it required us to go out of country and other missions where we were helping other heroes pierce the Batman's Batcave defenses. He was there only for one mission. We infiltrated the borders of Kahndaq to help rescue one of our teammates. Flameman was there but as soon as he came across an artifact that gave him a significant power boost, he skidaddled. Leaving us to pick up his slack. When Superman put the call out for help in taking back his Fortress of Solitude back from Braniac, Flameman was all of a sudden ready to "help" the team out again. I told him that he didn't have the experience needed to take on such a mission. I'm not sure if anyone knows this but Flame is a big Superman ass kisser so when I denied him the chance to help out his idol, he took it to heart. I don't care though. I wasn't going to have anyone get killed because of Flame's lack of proper experience.

SR - Meta Militia leader, Flameman stated that he holds no ill will towards you and wishes your team the best of luck, but then seems to throw insults freely, whats the real status of your relationship? 

Deac - Anything that kid said is bullshit. He may wish the best of luck for my teammates but he has nothing but ill will against me. I know he was really pissed that I passed him up on a team leader position because of his past actions along with the other things I previously mentioned. He's a guy that wants something he didn't earn and it shows in his past interview.

SR - You've been described as obsessed with control, respond.

Deac - Like I said, this the furthest thing from the truth. Almost every decision that is made, is made as a team. The team leaders that we have were given their position by a majority vote. Of course with me being in a leadership position, I have to make certain decisions that wouldn't be up for debate (his exclusion from the FoS mission being one of them) but I rarely exercised this power because I wanted to avoid the very thing that Flame is accusing me of.

SR - What effect did your former members being more "heroes" while the Coalition being more than a vigilante sect have on the situation?

Deac - None at all. The guys that left along with Flame were also vigilantes as well. 

SR -Your teammate Heat Source seems to contradict Flameman's comments, does this make you feel validated?

Deac - It does. I can't remember if he mentioned it in his interview but Heat Source was actually one of the guys in that little cabal that tried to take over. We got together and had a man to man conversation about everything and he saw the truth for what it was. After we came to an understanding, he basically told me everything that had been going on behind the scenes and that this wasn't the first time that they had tried to take over. I asked him to keep in contact with Flame and the others so that he could find out anything else about what they were planning. Found out a lot of interesting stuff too.

SR - In the end, what effect do you think your split with Flameman and his allies will have on your team?

Deac - Minimal. At first our ability to take on higher level crime was hindered but we have since made up for the loss in ranks. There was no replacement for Flame, of course, because had never contributed anything to the team in the first place.

SR - Have you talked to Heat Source about his formal challenge to Flame Man?

Deac - I have and he's dead set on having it out with Flame. He took this whole ordeal more personally than I did for some reason. I keep asking him why but he doesn't want to tell me. I try not to press him on it too much.

SR - Is there anything you'd like to add, any mentions to our readers? The time is yours.

Deac - Nighthood, who was also part of the take over attempt and who is also the real leader of the Meta Militia although Flame would have you believe otherwise, and myself have sat down with each other and talked and we've come to an understanding. Even though we have our differences, I'll still help them if they need it.

12 comments:

  1. OOC: Deac, we need to talk. If you remember we talked about how my character doesnt kill right? And that story about me killing ACE? Yeah that was an elseworlds RP where he (flameman) turned evil. Also I never said I was the Sole leader, last time I checked it said that I and 7 OTHER MEMBERS led the Meta Milita. I dont hurl insults at you I just spoke my mind, I still have respect for you even if you dont for me, which I can tell by this article. Lets talk so you can stop with all these libelous comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think me or you have anything to talk about quite honestly. If you want to talk about respect lets talk about how you made up a bullshit email account to try and get your way into our league site once I removed you from the site for your betrayal. Lets talk about the email you wrote after I said the Meta Militia won't make it because of your lack of commitment and your immature insults you slung at me then. Yeah, I still have that email. I don't think you won't to go there kid. I know more than you think I know so don't test me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not afraid to admit I lost my temper in that email but in all honesty you were being rude to me, also I never made another account for your site. If you wanna sink to posting false and rude comments about me, go ahead! The article I posted was my feelings, if I had known you'd be so offended I wouldnt have done it, yes I admit I regret posting it. We were friends Deacon, but since I left the league you got mad at me so I guess how things will stay. I tried being polite and leveling with you but I guess that doesnt work. I apologize for hurting your feelings Deac, and Im gonna be mature and walk away. Oh, and sorry I cant be on every waking hour of the day like you, if I could believe me I would. I doubt you'll take me up on this offer but if you ever need help let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's because you tried to take over what I had started. You tried man handle my league. A league that I've spent almost a year building up away from me. That's why I don't like you. You can twist the words and dilly dally with it all you like but that's what it essentially came down to. And then on top of that, you're still talking out the side of your mouth like no one is going to notice. I play a max of 3-3 and a half hours a day. You played 3 hours a week. Big difference. You can say what you want but everything I said in my interview is true, whether you like it or not. I'm done even trying to argue a point with you. Everyone can see that you're full of shit so I really have no other reason to say anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol @ weekend warrior. Flame Man = wanker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah FlameMan (what a corny name) you're the definition of a fake hero. how do you abandon your squad?

    ReplyDelete
  8. real heroes need to get together and BAN that clown from any hero leagues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In all honesty I am biased against Flameman , but even without bias its plain to see that Deacon is within his rights to be mad at what you did, it also looks like your a suspect for the murder of Phipher , someone should investigate this, with you history of betrayal and false befriendings

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Traitors will always be brought to justice just as the truth will never fail to see the light. This Flameman has been exposed for what he is..A FRAUD and a VILLAIN. We will see him brought to justice for his crimes."
    --from the Diary of Force

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay Flame, even if you killing ACE 1 was an alternate universe story, what about all that other stuff Deacon said? Are you saying that he made it up?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I shed the silence and journey beyond the vial of ambiguity. To all those who would share dense observations, become silent. Your views are unwise and worthless. Let those who subsist within the tides of sin assign suitable commentary...

    ReplyDelete