Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Interview: Gila Girl of the Wild Knights



The following interview is an excerpt of a recent Vogue Hero interview done with Gila Girl of the Wild Knights. She goes in on the Knights' move to Metropolis, why she's a sex-symbol and why so many heroes are appearing recently.


1. From what is your name derived? Are you really part lizard? 
Good question! It came to me suddenly, after I'd just saved the city of Urbantown from the rampage of some big metal guy. Tungsten or something. Or maybe it was Copper...Nickel! That was it. Yea, that guy was a pushover.

Anyway, I was standing over his unconscious body, and this reporter walks up and asks me my name. So I shout, "Gila Girl, the Fastest Lizard Alive!" and it stuck! Oh, yeah, and Doc Fontaine told me my DNA resembled a lizard's. Something about a orange-tailed black thing. Or was it black tailed orange thing? But I'm blue...

2. People Magazine voted you one of the 100 most Beautiful people (some say your skin is exotic) how do you have a personal life?

I have that issue framed back in the Lizard-Batcave! Personal what? Hun, I've got way too many interviews, photo-shoots and publicity stu--acts of heroism to bother with a personal life. Though it's nice to come home to the Lizard-Fortress of Lizard-Solitude and Cafe for some relaxation once in a while.

3. What are your special abilities?

Easy one! I'm the Fastest Lizard Alive! I can scale a building in a single millisecond, dodge bullets with ease, save the day before the day begins, and erm, *mumbles something about acid spit*

4. Tell us about the Wild Knights.

What's there to tell? We're all animalistic heroes, fighting the good fight the way only we can--the Wild Way!

5. Did you ever have a career as a solo hero?

Oh lord, have I! I started out as an exclusively solo brand, beating up bad guys by my lonesome. I daresay I became too famous though--I know, I didn't think it was possible either--and the superbads came out in force. Now? I don't know what I'd do without a few good heroes by my side!

6. What inspired you to to SAVE the world?

Honey, no one ever talks about the guy that saves NoWheresVille. Shame, too, since he's a pretty neat guy. Point is, if I was gonna make it in the superhero biz, I needed to get outta Urbantown and start heroing bigger!

7. What color do you paint your claws?

I don't. I used to paint them different colors depending on my mood, but it's just so annoying to try--not to mention slow.

8. The Wild Knights aren't as popular as some of the more veteran hero groups, why so low-key?

Hey now, we're still new! We'll be up there with the Justice League soon enough though, you'll see! I mean, what do they have that we don't? Aside from the fancy satellite thing. And Superman. And Batman. Where was I going with this?

9. What's the ultimate goal of The Wild Knights?

We're saving the world in animal chic, what else needs to be said?

10. Is a secret identity impossible for you?

Well, that depends. I can't exactly throw on a human suit and work a nine to five, but the Lizard-Batcave and Lizard-Fortress of Lizard-Solitude and Cafe have yet to have their locations released to the public. My agent's waiting on that announcement. Don't hold your breath.

11. Who's your nemesis?

Where do I start? I think I've made more enemies than fans at this point, and that's saying something! If I had to pick one though, it'd probably be Tripmine. That guy just doesn't stay down!

12. What villain group is the biggest threat to Metropolis?

Hmmm, tough one. Whichever one's attacking it right now. There's always one attacking, isn't there?

13. Explain the Legion of Fashionable Super-heroines.

Oh...that. Er, well it started out as a group for fashion-minded super-girls and superwomen to come together in and rock the Metropolis modeling world. It er, didn't work out too well.

14. What famous hero do you look forward to working alongside in Metropolis?

Booster Gold! He's my idol. I've had a major crush on him since high school.

15. Reports have shown that a new generation of individuals with super abilities have appeared in larger numbers than ever before, can you explain it?

...Global Warming?

17. We recently read an interview that revealed that your saliva is acidic, does this make you a bad kisser?

Hey! What report was that!? I'm totally suing them for--er, no, not at all. I'm as great a kisser as I am a speedster!

18. Vigilante Groups like The Others and The Dark Enforcers work on the other side of law, if the time comes that they are wanted by the authorities, will you bring them to justice?

Of course I will! Without the law, we've got nothin' honey.

19. Were you born with a tail? How? Are you the result of genetic experiments?

Whoa, personal stuff. No I wasn't born with the tail. Experiments? Er...maybe. It's complicated like that.

20. Do you hibernate?

Nope. I'm active all year round!

21. Do you feel like you'll be stepping on any toes by coming to Metropolis to fight crime?

Well if I did, who would notice? Hah! N'aww, there's plenty of room in Metropolis for this lizard-girl.

22. What's your relationship with the Justice League?

Oh we're um...we're pretty close. I pitched Batman a giant screen for the outside of Watchtower that'd play vids of me being heroic and stuff, and he nodded. Sort of. More of a shrug.

23. In closing, what's one thing the public should know about you?

I'm totally available for autographs! If ya see me on the street, don't hesitate to ask--or I may already be gone!

1 comment:

  1. that was hilarious! i like the character interviews best.

    ReplyDelete