Friday, November 12, 2010

Interview: High Score



In the latest issue of SuperHeroHype Magazine, host Emily Scott sits down with the enigmatic High Score of Metropolis fame. A heroine who has amassed an almost cult-like following because of her unique looks and penchant for deejaying the party scene until the wee hours of the morning. We contacted her by phone and found out what she thinks about being a Role Model, why she likes the club scene and why she's NOT a threat to National Security.

1. How long have you been a solo hero?
Well lets see. About... three years, I'd say! High Score doesn't work well with others. Grrr... argh. Ha. I kid.
2. Tell us about your special abilities.
Whoah, lady. That's private. I don't kiss and tell. Giggidy.

3. Your Bio claims you have Electricity Powers, care to expound on that?
I think that sums it up, really. I could tell you the scientific aspect of it or the why's and whatnot. It just is. I think about zapping something, and it's zapped. And with there being sources of electricity just about everywhere, I tend to always stay juiced.

4. What color is your skin exactly?
Grey. Dull. Lifeless. Grey.

5. Is it your intent to remain a solo hero?
It wasn't my intent to be one, that's just how it worked out. Though having a sidekick would be kick-ass.

6. Its been said that superheroes are the "new celebrity elite" and while much of the public is enamored with your larger-than-life personas, some view you as Gods or Angels, what's your response to that line of thinking?
I think they're right in a sense. I mean, seriously, some heroes around here actually are Gods, or have been blessed by them. And whose to say I wasn't blessed... well cursed, by some digital God either? But I wouldn't call any of us angels. In my opinion, no one is completely good or innocent. Each hero has their bad sides as well.
7. what made you decide to take up life as a superhero?
A single child more selfless than anyone in this world. I can only hope to be a fraction of what she is today.

8. The public is enamored with superheroes, How was it you gained your super-abilities? were you born with them, are you a mutant? or were you bitten by a radioactive spider or something?
....... I was sucked into an arcade game. Next?

9. What's the significance of your name?
Man. Look at me. High Score kind of explains itself. I'll own you and everyone you know in any video game. That, and remember the previous question? Yeah, think on it.

10. given your appearance, is the life of a civilian out of the question?
Well. If anyone sees a grey-skinned woman with snow white hair and terminator like eyes walking around, I don't believe they would consider them your everyday civilian.

11. How does a person manage balancing a "real life" with that of a superhero?
I don't. My life is being a super hero. Being High Score is who I am, it's what my existence now revolves around. My corporation was started off the basis of me being a super hero. I don't even live here. I live in my own, digital dimension. Tell me, what is a real life? My life is pixels, which to most, is not real.

12. What clubs do you Deejay at?
None you'd know. I'm very picky where I'll work at, I tend to stick to the underground raves.

13. With powers like yours, are encrypted files and other secure computer systems in danger? Are you a threat to National Security?
Maybe. Maybe not. It isn't as if I live inside your computer. My world is but another dimension that coexists with yours, and electronics happen to be my gateway in... and out of it. But technically, yes, I could access everything in your computer. Everything in your cellphone if I wanted to. As for National Security? Well, heck, won't know till I try......... That was a joke by the way.

14. You've obviously come to metropolis to put away some of the superpowered criminals here. Are there any criminal organizations the public needs to be on the lookout for?
Excuse me? really? I would say be careful around any criminal.

15. Many critics have said that masked superheroes shouldn't have police powers, what's your response?
Man, I'm not even touching that. It's like talking about if abortion should be legal or illegal. Either answer would be a bad answer for different people.

16. Reports have shown that a new generation of individuals with super abilities have appeared in larger numbers than ever before, how does this make you feel? Does it concern you that many of these "newer-breed" may be undisciplined?
It worries me that a majority of these folks could be drawn to the dark side. Because lets face it, they have cookies, and we have a man that wears red underwear outside his costume.

17. What's your opinion on the numerous unsanctioned super-powered vigilantes? particularly those who take the law into their hands with lethal force?
.... This is up there with the police powers question. But I'll answer this one. We need them. If everyone hollared "Golly gee mister let me put handcuffs on you and take you to jail after you've blown up an entire hospital killing hundreds, even though I know you'll only escape and do it again!" Where would we be in this world? Though I, personally, could never bring myself to do it.

18. Who's you're biggest nemesis, and why?
Megan Fox. Her thumb terrifies me.

19. With time as a superhero, what are some of your biggest regrets?
When I became High Score, regret simply wasn't a word I allowed in my vocabulary, as I have enough from my old life.

20. Are you concerned your high profile may put your loved ones in danger?
No, I do that myself just fine.

21. How long have you been here in Metropolis?
A few years.

22. Many of your younger fans have started using makeup and other means to mimic your appearance, what's your opinion of this?
I think it's ridiculous, and it angers me a bit. I would give anything to look normal, be normal.

23. Known supervillains like Braniac and Lex Luthor have known strongholds in Metropolis, do you have a responsibility to combat these menaces?
Do I? No. But do I want to bash their faces in for funsies? Totally.

24. What's your relationship with the PeaceKeepers?
I'm having an affair with them, how did you know? .... Alright. Relationship? I don't know if I'd say I have one with them, though their member Impact is a good friend.

25. Recently a super-powered criminal accused a superhero with assault and use of excessive force during his capture, does this kind of litigation concern you?
Well... hey. As long as I'm not the one being charged, not really!

2 comments: