Friday, November 19, 2010

Interview: Ringmaster


This is Rick Carter with SuperHeroHype Magazine. After having the opportunity to interview the super-heroine known as the Ringmaster I came away seriously impressed. Let's go past the surface: She's obviously a uber-hottie  (made even hotter by the fact that she acts like she doesn't know it) but she's also so much more. She's well-spoken, confident, a bit of a hard-ass and very, very intelligent--and actually pretty kind after she lets her guard down. She could have easily come across as a self-absorbed airhead like The Black Falcon (did you see that 60 Minutes Interview? My Gosh--can anybody say Miss South Carolina?) but she wasn't even close. Read on for the interview in its entirety below.
1. Recently you were voted #5 in Maxim's Hottest Women, does the fact that you're a quasi sex-symbol interfere with your career as a superhero?

"If that is what people think about me, then so be it. I won't let that hinder me from doing my job."

2. Tell us about your special abilities.

"I can read and control people with my mind, care for me to demonstrate it on you?" Ahhh...No thank you. I'm actually praying that you won't see some of what i'm thinking and embarrass me.

3. Why haven't you joined one of these so-called superhero teams yet?

"No one has asked me to join one."

4. Reportedly Ford Models, Loreal, Versace and a number of other advertisers are interested in you endorsing their products, Wouldn't life as a celebrity have a higher shelf life than that of a superhero?

"If the product they want me to endorse actually helps people, then I have no reason to reject their offers. However, I will not become a poster girl for other peoples' products. I didn't become a superhero for the fame or money."

5. Is it your intent to remain a solo hero?

"Like I said before, if someone wants to offer me a spot on their team, I will consider it."

6. Its been said that superheroes are the "new celebrity elite" and while much of the public is enamored with your larger-than-life personas, what's your response to that line of thinking?

"It's sick. You shouldn't do it for the fame or money, but do it because it is the right thing to do. Someone gave us these gifts. Why wouldn't you use them to protect people who can't protect themselves?

7. What made you decide to take up life as a superhero?

"There are tons of undisciplined criminals around us that need to be tamed. You can't let a wild animal run rabid or it will hurt someone."

8. How was it you gained your super-abilities? were you born with them, are you a mutant?

My abilities appeared one night during a performance. Unknown to me, I was reading the minds of the audience members. Later I found out I also had the ability to control minds as well.

9. Tell us about your name...Ringmaster.

"Even though I used to be a lion tamer, I thought Ringmaster fit better for a superhero name."

10. That's a pretty revealing costume, explain it.

"I am wearing a jacket, that's revealing? Unless I open it up, I don't think you can see anything too revealing."

11. How does a person manage balancing a "real life" with that of a superhero?

"Its really hard. I had to give up my fame and job because I wanted to become one. You have to be certain this is something you really want to do."

12. So tell us about...The Whip. What real issues is it hiding?

*Whips at interviewer's feet.* "Next question." Rick's feet snapped backwards, reflexively. Wow lady, that was close!

13. With powers like yours, is privacy a misnomer? Do you find that people are uncomfortable around a known telepath?

"I try to use them sparingly, but I can't help myself sometimes. Guilty as charged."

14. What about things that are supposed to be secret? If The President is close by are the Nuclear Launch Codes in danger?

"I tried reading the President's mind once, somehow they blocked me out. The Man of Steel however, he has a very dirty mind."

15. Hugh Hefner has reportedly offered a record 10M for you to do Playboy. Will you accept?

"Not interested. I hear Gray Wolf might be interested though." *Smiles sarcastically.*

16. Many critics have said that masked superheroes shouldn't have police powers, what's your response?

"I don't see what the big deal is. We are doing the same exact thing they are." Well, not to pick at straws, but some would argue that they're sanctioned by the state and federal government.

17. Reports have shown that a new generation of individuals with super abilities have appeared in larger numbers than ever before, how does this make you feel? Does it concern you that many of these "newer-breed" may be undisciplined?

"If I have to use my abilities to discipline them, I will. I would love to be able to help everyone, but you can't. Some people are just a lost cause."

18. What's your opinion on the numerous unsanctioned superpowered vigilantes? particularly those who take the law into their hands with lethal force?

"Beware my whip . . . ? "

19. Who's you're biggest nemesis, and why?

"I am currently in the process of looking for my new nemesis, Anaconda. If you see a weird snake lady on the street, lock your doors and call the police immediately."

20. With time as a superhero, what are some of your biggest regrets?

"Not being able to save everyone."

21. Are you ever concerned your high profile may put your loved ones in danger?

"I don't get involved with other people for that reason alone."

22. What is your relationship with some of the local hero groups?

"I haven't worked with any of them yet. I was invited to a BBQ at the Peackeepers' lair, but I don't think they liked my cooking. I've worked with Ionic Angel once, but other then that I work alone most of the time."

23. The Barbie Company apparently wants to make a Ringmaster version, is that just too much?

"Are you serious?! I mean . . . . I used to play with them as a girl. That would be pretty cool. Maybe I can convince them to use some of their money to help others? You never know."

24. You've been romantically linked to several high profile superhero recently, so..is The Ringmaster single?

"More rumors? First it was me and Daybreak, then Superion. Don't tell me, this week it is Slipshod? Don't believe any of those rumors."

25. You don't wear a mask, why?

"If you don't know my real name by now, you must be pretty stupid."

8 comments:

  1. WOW. thatss some great flippin artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A DCUO Source Mod affiliated with a site that's posting NDA breaking footage?... something smells fishy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. the superman part was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. who's the tool up at post #4? get a life!

    ReplyDelete