Sunday, January 30, 2011

User Interview: Grendal Prime


During the last stages of the DCUO Beta, we had the opportunity to interview Grendel Prime of the Legion of Sin. He had some pretty interesting things to say about PVP Events, overseeing a very large villain group and the allegations of abusing exploits that always seem to always linger around his Legion.


1. Describe your DCUO character.
 I made this character as a tribute to Matt Wagner's old comic Grendel, that is no longer in publication. I was inspired by the two-part Batman comic crossover, Devil's Bones and Devil's Dance.  I thought it would be great to have a rematch with the Dark Knight that I never got to see in the comics.
2. When did you first notice DCUO?
 I came across DCUO  while watching the G4 coverage of E3 2009. After I saw that Jim Lee  was the executive creative director, I knew DCUO was going to be a great MMO. I've been a fan of his artwork since  xmen #1 with the multi covers, and have followed his work with Image, Wildstorm, and DC.
3. How did you become a member of the Legion Of Sin?
 About two weeks ago, Apocalypto and Blast recruited me into LOS, while filling out their raid to fight the contested Power Girl and Flash. After a few days, I offered some strategies, then was asked to lead raids, and was promoted to raid leader. I feel very proud to be leading great players and friends into battle.
4. You've been pretty passionate about the allegations about the LOS, why so?
 People who were in our raids have been called out for glitching falsely in some forums. Now because I was leading the raid, I was able to see everyone health and power bars and saw nothing out of the ordinary. I can't speak for the times I wasn't online, however, I would like to assure the DCUO PVP community that I have been looking into these issues and appropriate action will be taken against any exploiters.  As a leader and member of LOS, I want our guild to have a good standing in the DCUO PVP community. I would also like to apologize and to thank the community for their help with this issue.
5. What's your stance on using exploits to win in PVP?
It's unacceptable and will not be tolerated.  Anyone caught exploiting its an automatic drop from the league. I have found that this is the only way to be fair to both the community and to our members. 
6. Our Blog has recently began blog sponsored Events ( http://tinyurl.com/22wwb4c ) as a way to bring more content and a plot to PVP, any comment?
As a fan of Sony MMO's and DC Universe, I think this is a wonderful idea to bring the PVP community together. I'm a huge fan of what has gone on so far and can't wait to see what is next. LOS looks forward to joining our fellow villains in fighting the hero's for some great PVP game play!
7. A group with over 300 members is HUGE. Are you concerned with not being able to manage it?
 Not at all. With any league of size, your leadership skills will be tested. I think we have a great group of leaders that will help our or membership regardless of size.
8. Viper, a former member said that leadership was AWARE and PARTICIPATED in using exploits, your response?
 I can only speak from my time in the guild and as raid leader, and I have not seen anyone one in our raids using any glitch. Our leadership has taken a strong stance against exploitation. As far as Vipers comments, I have to respectfully disagree. At no time did I hear or see anyone in leadership participating or authorizing game exploitation. We have made it clear to the DCUO community and our members such actions in LOS will not be tolerated.   
9. How many of your members do you think will follow over from retail?
 I think we'll have a great many people follow us over from beta. It will be exciting to see.
10. Is it hard to communicate with such a large number of members without voice?
At times yes, communication can be a challenge. However, on EQ2, large groups without voice chat was an everyday occurrence in the beginning, but it was something that was overcome. I'm sure that any voice issues are being address by SOE and I look forward to the final game.

9 comments:

  1. so sick of this wanna-be hall of doom. rename the site legion of sin online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you want your group on the front page you have to email them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice interview, Grendal.
    LoS rules!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice interview. Handled very well

    CB :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good stuff Grendal!

    -Gloom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good stuff bud,, cliked on this thinking it was a bio.. nice surprise-- Eliphaz

    ReplyDelete