Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Vanguardians Release Statement

 In a response to an article ran last week by our paper, Blackbird of the Vanguardians released a prepared statement this morning in regards to the current status of their superhero team.



 
"There have been reports recently that The Vanguardians are in turmoil and that the group is falling apart. I'm here to say that this couldn't be further from the truth. We have all been busy dealing with numerous threats both here on Earth as well as offworld and haven't had a chance to make our presence, as a whole, known. There's also other out of costume issues that have kept some members from donning their heroic identity, but that's not the point here.

Now, it is true that we lost a great hero in Breakneck. He decided to hang up the mantle as he felt that he could no longer contribute to the hero community. He had been on a personal leave of absence and upon his return, told us of his decision. I know all too well what he went through because there was a stretch of two and a half months where I refrained from any heroic duties after a near-death experience.

I, myself, have had my hands full with different villains (most notably my arch-enemy Shadow Sniper, and the villainous group 'The Fiendish Four' of which she is a part of) wrecking havoc in Gotham, Metropolis as well as my homeworld of Aetius. On top of that, I have a wife (who is also a hero) and three-month old daughter as well as a business which I co-own with my wife, Jolt.

Why am I coming out and saying all of this? Well, my identity has long been public knowledge, so I have no problem discussing everything going on with me. It was a decision that I made years ago, long before the VRA was in effect. I do not, however, support the law that has recently been put in place. I think it's a joke and a business ploy by Lex Luthor. So, for everyone out there who supports the law and wants to oppose me, trying to bring me down, I have one thing to say to you: Good luck!

Overall, though, The Vanguardians are not going anywhere anytime soon. The core of the group is still intact, with the only members coming and going being recruits who decided to go a different way shortly after initiation. And to the 'source' who threw us under the bus, know this: I know who you are! Batman isn't the only good detective that Earth has."

No comments:

Post a Comment