Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Super Race disrupts Metropolitan District


Reports coming in today suggest some manner of super-powered race had taken place across the districts of Metropolis. An unidentified number of super-powered individuals where spotted speeding around various locations across Metropolis. Local eyewitness Henry Brownstone stated: (continued on page 3)

"Well I was just coming out of Dooley's Bar and Grill, when these, what I can only describe as colored blurs shot right passed me. I was spun round and round and round. Well let me tell you I soon lost that grill steak I just had."

 Several witnesses throughout the city from Midtown, where the event was reported to have started to Central Park, University of Metropolis, Lex Corp Tower, Queensland Bridge and Suicide Slums reported similar occurances of traffic coming to a stand still, trash cans and trash been blown everywhere. street signs
spinning round, Strange footprints on the windows of sky scrappers and intermitent blurs of colour and strangely enough lightening.



We tried to speak to a number of so called speedsters. The Blazing Blur, Eccentric Zoom, Breakneck, Aquila Hawk, Jet Speed and The Flash. However none of these where available for comment at the time. However I managed to grab a quick word with Celtic Bolt, a member of the popular super league The Peacekeepers. I asked him what his view was on this recent event.

"Well Mary, can I call you Mary? I can't possible confirm or deny that myself or any other member of the Peacekeepers were involved in this particular
race. I was speaking to my good friend The Flash the other day as we were about to start a mission from Midtown and we agreed we can't condone such reckless
action that disrupts the good citizens of Metropolis. Its not good for anyone to keep living in the fast lane"

Lois Lane: "Can you tell our readers what's the Silver medal you are wearing?"

Celtic Bolt: "My, my, Barbara. Oh this little thing...I forgot I had it on!...its just something I..ahem...got yesterday day...nothing special really"

Lois Lane: "The Flash was spotted wearing a gold one similar to yours yesterday and reportedly, Joe the bookie had you down for 2 to 1 odds."

Celtic Bolt: "Well Susan, not sure what you mean by that.."

Interestingly enough, Celtic Bolt had to dash away suddenly as he allegedly had to deal with a Gorilla Grodd problem.

So there you have it. Superpower races, is this just the beginning of such events or as simple as a hero going about their business?. This is the first major reported occurance but I'm sure not the last.

This is Lois Lane reporting for the Daily Planet

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I have absolutely no idea what this speedster shenanigans is about. I mean they didn't exactly SEE anyone of these people so how could we possibly be responsible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. superboys will be superboys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *chuckles* "Some of us did SEE something"

    ReplyDelete